PRAXIS offers the right mix of agreement flexibility, quality protections and experience to help you get real value from your escrow agreement.
I'd like more information:
What is Software Escrow?Software escrow is a service that protects all parties involved in a software license agreement. A neutral third-party, referred to as a software escrow agent, is necessary to ensure that your source code, data, and documentation is completely secure until a mutually-agreed upon result occurs. At PRAXIS Technology Escrow, we are an independent third-party that protects your technology data and source code. Our software escrow services are essential for end-users, attorneys, and software companies involved in software license agreements.
At PRAXIS Technology Escrow, we ensure your software investment is secure and protected, for all parties involved.
Do I Need Software Escrow Services?Software escrow is important for many reasons. To start, if the software vendor fails to meet obligations or if the software vendor goes out of business, the source code is immediately at risk. Furthermore, the stability, longevity, and economic benefits of an on-premise or private cloud (hosted) software application can evaporate in mere seconds if your vendor is unable to support your application. In addition, it is important that any investment in licensed software should include contingency plans. For example, events such as vendor failure, application sunsetting, bankruptcy, or other support breaches can all jeopardize your software investment. A custom software escrow service helps secure your investment. At PRAXIS, we offer a full-range of software escrow services, including flexible software escrow agreements and source code escrow agreements, to help protect your software investment.
PRAXIS provides flexible software escrow solutions for on premise and private cloud (hosted) software applications. Our software escrow services are designed to leverage today’s technology to support the way you work. We understand today’s technology trends and have designed solutions for software and SaaS application development types.
PRAXIS Technology Escrow provides:
- Automated Software Escrow - direct connectivity to GitHub, BitBucket and most other source code archival systems eliminates administration and dramatically improves software escrow deposit quality.
- Customizable and Upgradable Solutions - flexible software escrow agreements and multiple service options that grow with you.
- All-Inclusive Pricing - competitive fees with no surprises so you can budget with certainty.
- Satisfaction guaranteed!
PRAXIS Technology Escrow supports both types of development methodology:
- Waterfall Development - major versioning with new functionality released on specified frequency.
- Agile Development - new functionality and releases added much more frequently, often weekly.
Here are some key questions to ask yourself in planning your software escrow service:
- What happens if my software vendor goes out of business?
- What is the impact to my business if a critical software vendor fails?
- What would I need to support the software without the vendor?
- Who would help me support the software if my vendor fails?
- Do I have ready access to a functional back up of my data?
- What release conditions make sense for my situation?
- How can I use the escrow deposit materials?
Interested in our software escrow services? Please connect with our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org.